Prices upon request, maximum of 12 students
Course AimsTo enable trainees to gain a Highfield Level 3 award in Emergency First Aid at Work.
Course Duration1 Day.
Suitable CandidatesThis course is for trainees who require a Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificate to comply with HSE requirements.
Pre-Course RequirementsTrainees must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course syllabus and be able to kneel to administer Basic life Support.
Assessment MethodTrainees must attend all training sessions and be successful in the Assessment Activities and Test Papers as set by the Highfield.
QualificationsHighfield Level 3 award in Emergency First Aid at Work.
- The role of the first aider
- communicating with a casualty
- contents of first aid kits (and avoid cross infection)
- recording of incidents and accidents
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires Basic Life Support (BLS)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions